This 4 hour workshop is for beginners or experienced sewists alike who would like to be introduced to, to refresh, or to improve their stretch stitching with different techniques!
We will work on identifying different stitches that work best with stretch materials in domestic sewing and overlocking as well as practicing side seams, stabilising seams and practicing those finishing touches like collars and hems.
For the day session you will need to buy/bring:
● Sewing machine and accessories. Instruction manual is recommended. Control pedal and spare ball point needles and bobbins. Twin needle are an advantage in stretch
hemming, there are different distances in between needles, all are good for practising.
● Over locker if you have one, instruction manual is recommended. Control pedal and accessories (including tweezers).
● Scrap jersey/stretch material to practice collars, hems and different types of seams.
● 1 m any colour satin ribbon (0.5 cm wide)
● Assortment of polyester thread in different colours.
Progression opportunities from this course are:
● This course will lead you to patchwork and quilting, sewing-dressmaking, textile art, machine embroidery among others.
You will be able to achieve different samples depending on your previous ability, knowledge and the sewing machine’s capability. Participants must be able to operate their sewing machine to attend.
Book your spot on the how to sew stretch fabric Workshop at Hampshire Cultural Trust's Ashcroft Arts Centre, Fareham now!