This exciting and educational four workshops focuses on performance writing for a diverse range of styles. These include, devising theatre from well-known stimuli, verbatim theatre that tackles current and topical affairs, performance writing for a solo performer and writing for children. The course aims to develop, craft and refine ideas whilst getting pen to paper! The workshop will run in the following way:
Scriptwriting for solo performance
- Do you have a story to tell?
- Crafting a script for one performer that engages and entices an audience
- How to have an influential impact on an audience
- Story structure; exposition, character, linear/non-linear and so on!
- Beginnings and endings; knowing where your story is going and why it is being told
- ‘Hitting the ground running’
- Stripping back ideas and story planning (exposition, setting and so on)
- Finding meaning in the middle; piecing together the twists and turns that blossom within your story
A small glass of wine, tea, coffee or soft drink is included in the workshop fee.