This exciting and educational four workshops focuses on performance writing for a diverse range of styles. These include, devising theatre from well-known stimuli, verbatim theatre that tackles current and topical affairs, performance writing for a solo performer and writing for children. The course aims to develop, craft and refine ideas whilst getting pen to paper! The workshop will run in the following way:
Verbatim Theatre/Topical Affairs
- What is verbatim theatre?
- How do we translate an important message to an audience?
- Construction of documented theatre through spoken word and interview
- Gaining your intended emotional response from an audience, whilst simultaneously educating.
- Dialogue; a how to guide
- Beginnings and endings; knowing where your story is going and why it is being told
- ‘Hitting the ground running’
- Stripping back ideas and story planning (exposition, setting and so on)
- Finding meaning in the middle; piecing together the twists and turns that blossom within your story