This exciting and educational four workshops focuses on performance writing for a diverse range of styles. These include, devising theatre from well-known stimuli, verbatim theatre that tackles current and topical affairs, performance writing for a solo performer and writing for children. The course aims to develop, craft and refine ideas whilst getting pen to paper! The workshop will run in the following way:
Writing for children’s theatre
- How to write for an entirely different age group
- How to convey an important message and/or moral in an engaging and exciting way!
- Characters; what is their attitude on the world that they are in?
- Creating responsive characters to create dilemma, choices and ultimately, drama and conflict
- Endings; creating an effective end that feels inevitable for your reader
- Preventing your story from reaching a dead end!
- Avoiding predictability!
A small glass of wine, tea, coffee or soft drink is included in the workshop fee.