TAKE YOUR NOVEL FURTHER (3 sessions)
- 7-9pm Thursday 9th November
- 7-9pm Thursday 16th November
- 7-9pm Thursday 23 November
Aimed at writers who have a clear idea for a book – fiction, autobiography or non-fiction – or a draft, full or partial. How do you take it to the next level? How do you make your work stand out from the crowd, to submit to agents, publishers or competitions.
You’ve taken the first steps. Now develop your understanding of the further complexities of writing.
- WRITING TECHNIQUES: plotting, characterisation, narrative voice
- STRUCTURE: redrafting, using feedback constructively
- LINE EDITING: chapters, consistency, making sense
- COPY EDITING: paragraphs, sentences, research, vocabulary
- PROOFREADING: dialogue, spelling, punctuation, word choice
- SUBMITTING to agents, publishers, competitions and editors
- THE WRITING INDUSTRY: how to fathom it
Four writers from recent courses now published. Feedback on previous courses:
- The input on editing helped me tackle my unmanageable draft.
- 10/10, excellent pace and differentiation.
- Great advice on plot, characters, structure, editing.
- More than good value for money, it’s informative, interesting and inspirational.